1701-1707 the Calvary was built by the Franciscan lay brother Niering who followed the pattern of the Calvary in Lanzendorf. Steps and dark hallways lead through an artificial mountain made of rocks and pass by small niches, grottos and tiny chapels portraying scenes of the Passion of Christ.
At the east side of the Calvary, there is the Chapel of Mercy. It contains a miraculous image that is visited by many pilgrims every year. The Chapel of Mercy already forms part of the Calvary. Originally it had been built as Mount of Olives Chapel. After the Statue of Mercy had been transferred from the church in Grosshöflein the chapel was re-consecrated as Chapel of Mercy.
Opening hours 2019:
30 March - 3 November daily from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm